5/8/07

Smiley's Sexy Shisha: Naughty Cow & Wedding Cake Reviews

Smiley’s Sexy Shisha: Naughty Cow

Set-up: 27" Syrian
Bowl: Clear smiley w/ foil
Base: Iced water
Hose: new MYA washable
Coal: (2) 40mm Golden broken in quarters - 2 to 3 pieces @ a time
Cut: Fine cut, some stems. ULTRA drippy!
Smell: Strange, couldn't quite put a finger on what it was trying to smell like. Picked up some berry-fruity sweet smell and a candy caramel like smell.
Taste: Weird. No clear-cut anything. I'm not sure if it had too many flavors going on, or not enough of anything. Sickly sweet at times, other times almost nothing. Once got a grape flavor, then nothing.
Smoke: Thick
Buzz: Slight - probably due to me not hitting it hard or often
Time: about an hour +/- 10 min

Score: 5/10 - kinda disappointed. The other reviews listed it as being a mix-up of different flavors, almost like having a different taste each hit. I couldn't tell a difference bwt one hit and the next, except that it had the same strange taste. Not sure if I didn't clean something well enough or maybe burnt it, will have to try a 3rd bowl in a different set-up to see.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smiley’s Sexy Shisha: Wedding Cake

Set-up: 27" Syrian, 33" Egyptian
Bowl: Clear smiley w/ foil
Base: Iced water (1 version see Alternate Base Mix)
Hose: MYA washable
Coal: (2) 40mm Golden broken in quarters - 2 to 3 pieces @ a time
Cut: Fine cut, some stems. ULTRA drippy!
Smell: Oh my Gods! So yummie - I wanted to eat it!
Taste: (re-vamped after 3rd bowl) At very first it was delightful - semi-sweet frosting flavor. I can taste a definite caramel flavor going on, but it was missing something. Too much heat quickly kills the taste to "burnt sugar". It's good, but not sweet enough for my liking. I expected more vanilla undertones like standard cake/frosting.
Smoke: Thick, strong but good amount!
Buzz: Can go from being nothing to floor slamming. I think it depends on the person smoking (I always got at least a slight buzz to my BF who got no buzz).
Time: between 55 mins to 1hr 40min

Score: 7/10 - it was sweet and tasty, just not quite "frosting" like to my tastes. Very good in of itself, but not my piece of cake (*snicker* couldn't help myself). Even with 1 shot of Butterscotch Snaps and 1 shot of Vanilla Vodka, it still was lacking that something.

Alternate Base Mix:
  • Candy Coating: 1 oz Butterscotch Snaps, 1 oz Vanilla Vodka. Chill in freezer for 30 min (in base) then add water. Will add a buzz to the smoke, but didn’t increase the taste much – was aiming for more “frosting” flavor.

No comments: