1/16/08

Layalina Raspberry Review


Layalina Raspberry

Shisha Cut: med , light stems, dark red and drippy
Hookah Type: 27" Syrian
Duration: 45min
Bowl: Egyptian clay
Foil / Screen: foil + windcover
Coal / Amount: 2.5" Exotica
Smoke: med to thick (depending on heat)
Buzz: none to speak of
Smell / Flavor: Smell was a nice raspberry, slightly sweet but decent. Taste was a disappointment. It had a very faint raspberry taste, not bad when you could taste it, but hard to pick up.

Rating (1 to 10): (updated) 7.5

Smokes well, smells great, but the taste was a let down. It could be the way I was smoking it - room temp water & Egyptian bowl. I may make a foil phunnel tonight and chill the stem/base/water to see if that enhances the taste (also, I have a bit of a head cold, so that doesn't help, but the AF Esk Apple tasted perfectly fine).
Raspberry is one of those flavors, that although light, is a true tasting flavor. I've been told it's much better in a Phunnel bowl, but I don't have one any long, so I have to go on their word. The taste is there, it's nice, but if your used to SCREAMING in your face flavors, this is NOT one of them.

No comments: